Nancy WardRemling has been working on Genealogy since a high school assignment started her on the search for her ancestors. A certificate holder from the Boston University in Genealogical Research, she completed the ProGen study group in 2014 and holds a MS-LIS degree in librarianship from Syracuse University as well. Her research has taken her throughout New York State, into New England and to origins in various European countries, particularly Ireland and England. Nancy specializes in the people and places of Central New York. Her research is based in Auburn, utilizing facilities mainly in Onondaga, Cayuga, Oswego, Madison and Cortland counties.
Besides the local area, she has familiarity with other repositories and resources throughout the country. Through various conferences and research trips, she has visited the New York State Library and the Archives in Albany, the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, the Allen County Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana and the New England Historical & Genealogical Society in Boston, as well as many smaller libraries and town offices.
Central New York Genealogical Society, Syracuse, NY (CNYGS)
Halfshire Society, Richland (Oswego County), NY
Jefferson County Genealogical Society, Watertown, NY
New England Historical and Genealogical Society, Boston, MA (NEHGS)
Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC) Manchester, NH April 2019
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC) Springfield, MA April 2017
- Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research (IGHR), Birmingham, AL June 2016 Advanced Library Research: Legal & Government Documents
- New York State Family History Conference (NYSFHC), Syracuse, NY September 2015
- Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research (IGHR), Birmingham, AL June 2015 Genealogy as a Profession
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC), Providence, RI April 2015
- ProGen Study Group March 2014
- New York State Family History Conference (NYSFHC), Syracuse, NY September 2013
- Boston University, 2012. Genealogy Research Certificate
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy Salt Lake City, UT January 2013 A Genealogist’s Guide To The Internet Galaxy
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC), Manchester, NH April 2013
- National Genealogical Society Conference (NGS), Salt Lake City, UT April 2010
- National Genealogical Society conference Raleigh, NC May 2009
- Syracuse University, 2008. MS Library and Information Science.
- NEHGS/NFGS conference Boston, MA Aug-Sept. 2006
- Forensic Genealogy Services giving back award 2015
- Birdie Monk Holsclaw Scholarship 2016